POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoV-Ray 3.5: Sin() works incorrect : PoV-Ray 3.5: Sin() works incorrect Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  PoV-Ray 3.5: Sin() works incorrect
From: The Brain
Date: 24 May 2003 04:54:06
Message: <3ecf332e@news.povray.org>
Hi.

This is my first Message to news.povray, so be nice ;). I use Pov-Ray for
Windows 98 3.5 and try to make my first animations. My Plan is to rotate the
cap point of a cylinder around the z-axis, while the base point is <0, 0, 0>
Because I want to know the new coordinates of the cap point, i can't simply
use the rotate-command, right?

However, I have to work with the sin()-Function. But my PoV-Ray caculates
the most stupid coordinates I ever seen when I use it. I checked my formulas
100 times, and so I'm shure that it is correct.

Now to my question(s):
How can i rotate a cylinder manually without the sin()-command?
And (because the answer of the first question will be: its impossible) can I
detect the new coordinates of the cap point when I use the rotate-command?